These messages were given at Ballston Spa Associate Reformed Church in September, 2008. They cover foundational issues for students of prophecy to consider. They will serve as helpful guides to both preterism and postmillennialism.
1. Biblical Prophecy and Our Historical Hope
Theme: The Bible projects a glorious future for Christ's Church in time and on earth before Christ returns.
2. Prophetic Fulfillment in the First Century
Theme: Many prophecies that Christians expect in our future have already occurred with the first coming of Christ in our past.
3. Dispensationalism: Its Origins and Errors
Theme: The most popular prophetic system in American evangelicalism is the newest and most naive system, being riddled with errors regarding Christ, redemption, and history.
4. Matthew and Jesus on the Decline of Israel Theme.
The Gospel of Matthew arranges Jesus' teaching in such a way that it presents an unfolding picture of the decline of Israel in the plan of God.
5. The Importance of Studying Prophecy
Theme: Though prophecy is greatly abused today, it is a central element of Scripture and a vital component of the Christian worldview.
6. Question and Answer session.